Current Affairs 01 January 2018
1. Ace Indian shooter Jitu Rai won the men’s 50m pistol national title with a new national record score of 233 at the 61st National Shooting Championship.
2. Former President of Rajasthan Khadi Gramodyog Board, Bhavani Shankar Sharma, died. He was 77.
3. The Lok Sabha passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill -2017.
4. In a major boost to inland waterway transport system in the northeast, Union Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari flagged off cargo movement on the Pandu-Dhubri route of the Brahmaputra River.
5. The Beatles drummer Ringo Starr and the Bee Gee’s Barry Gibb will be honored with the knighthood by Queen Elizabeth.
6. Former Mumbai Cricketer Hoshang Dadiba Amroliwala died. He was 86.
7. The eighth edition of ‘EKUVERIN’, the Indo-Maldives joint military exercise concluded in Belagavi, Karnataka.
8. Ranjit Dheer, a leading Indian-origin magistrate councillor, has been honoured by Queen Elizabeth II with a prestigious award for his services to the UK government.
9. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced to launch 31 satellites, including India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation spacecraft, in a single mission onboard its Polar rocket on January 10.