Current Affairs 02 December 2017
1.Sunil Kumar Chourasia, IOFS, has been appointed as the new Director General of Ordnance Factories (DGOF) and Chairman of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) w.e.f. 1st December, 2017. Previously, he was Member, OFB and was in charge of Material & Components division.
2.Five-time world champion M C Mary Kom has resigned as the national observer for Indian boxing. The 35-year- old Olympic bronze- medallist was among 12 national observers appointed by the then Sports Minister Vijay Goel. The list also includes the likes of Olympic-gold- medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra, double Olympic-medallist Sushil Kumar and former Commonwealth Games gold medallist Akhil Kumar among others.
3. Indian archers produced an impressive performance, grabbing three gold, four silver and two bronze medals at the Asian Championships.
4. Ms. Smita Nagaraj took the oath of office and secrecy as Member, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The oath was administered by Prof. David R. Syiemlieh, Chairman, UPSC.
5. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved setting up of National Nutrition Mission (NNM) with a three year budget of Rs.9046.17 crore commencing from 2017-18.
6. India has moved up one place to the 68th spot on the Global Entrepreneurship Index of 2018, which is topped by the US. India was at the 69th position last year. The list was prepared for 137 countries in the world.
7. Preet Didbal has been elected as the mayor of Yuba city in California, becoming the first Sikh woman to hold the position in the US. Dibal was appointed by the California city council and will be sworn in on December 5.
8. ‘Ajeya Warrior- 2017’ a Joint Military exercise between India and the UK has started in Rajasthan.