Current Affairs 04 December 2017
1.China launched a land exploration satellite into a preset orbit, designed for remote sensing exploration of land resources. The satellite was launched on a Long March-2D rocket from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in China’s northern Gobi Desert.
2. Rajya Sabha MP and former Union minister Mohsina Kidwai released a book “Universe-A Timeline”, giving insight into the Quran through visual presentations, graphs and charts.
3. Tributes were paid to the country’s first president Rajendra Prasad on his 133rd birth anniversary.
4. Archer Deepika Kumari was the only Indian to win a medal in the second round of the Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 2, where she won a bronze medal.
5. Wadhwani Foundation announced the launch of the country’s first global network ‘Wadhwani Global Network for Entrepreneurs’ for new entrepreneurs and startups. This network has been started under the company’s campaign National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN).
6. South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) has initiated new and innovative research on “Buddhist cultural discovery” under the “SAARC Research Funding” scheme for researchers from its member countries.
7. International Solar Alliance (ISA) will become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organisation or a legal entity on December 6, 2017.
8. Russia’s second seeded Olga Doroshina won the singles title of the Indore Open ITF Women’s Tournament.