Current Affairs 05 December 2017
1. The US and South Korea kicked off their largest ever joint air exercise ‘Vigilant Ace’. This five-day exercise involve 230 aircraft, including F-22 Raptor stealth jet fighters, and tens of thousands of troops.
2. Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari inaugurated International conference on climate change. The four-day conference is attended by more than 300 experts from different countries of Asia including India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan and Myanmar.
3. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani inaugurated a newly-built extension on Chabahar port of strategic importance situated on the southern coast of the country.
4. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched the ‘Deen Dayal Divyangajan Sahajya Scheme’ on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities in Guwahati. Under the scheme every differently abled person in the state would be entitled to a one-time grant of Rs 5,000 for their treatment.
5. Indian captain Virat Kohli became the first captain to hit six double centuries in Test cricket. He surpassed West Indies great Brian Lara, who held the record previously with five double tons in Tests.
6. Salil S. Parekh has been appointed as a CEO and MD of Infosys.
7. Ayush Minister Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated the first International Exhibition and Conference on AYUSH and Wellness sector- AROGYA 2017 in New Delhi. The main theme of the event is ‘Enhancing the global potential of AYUSH’.
8. Telangana Government will set up the World’s first Information and Technology (IT) Campus for differently-abled persons (divyangs) in Hyderabad.
9. Paytm Payments Bank rolled out Paytm FASTag to enable electronic toll fee collection on highways across India without having to stop.