Current Affairs 07 December 2017
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has kept its major policy rates unchanged with the repo rate at 6 percent in the fifth bi-monthly policy review.
2. Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has won a readers’ poll for TIME’s ‘Person of the Year 2017’ award.
3. India successfully test-fired ‘Akash’, its supersonic surface-to-air missile with indigenous radio frequency seeker from a test range in Odisha.
4. An Indian doctor and disability rights activist, Dr Satendra Singh has been honoured with the prestigious Henry Viscardi Achievement Award in the US for raising awareness and improving the quality of life of people with disabilities.
5. One 97 Communications, the entity that runs financial services platform Paytm, has appointed SoftBank’s Kabir Misra as a director on its board.
6. The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan has named noted Indian businessman, Deepak Parekh, as International Ambassador who will be tasked with championing the UK capital across the globe.
7. India defeated Nepal by 3-0 to win the first ever South Asian Regional Badminton Tournament (team championship).
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has topped the 2017 list of Most Followed Indians on Twitter, with 37.5 million followers.
9. BCCI CEO Rahul Johri has been named among the top-10 ‘Sports Business Executives of the year 2017’.
10. Dr DK Taneja, the famous osteoporologist from Indore, Madhya Pradesh has been elected as the President of World Orthopedic Concern in the International Osteoporosis Conference held at South Africa. In the history of 42 years of this international institution, Dr. Taneja is the third Indian to receive this honor.
11. Noted South Indian music director, Adithyan, passed away. He was 63.
12. Russia has been banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics Games by the International Olympic Committee.