Current Affairs 09 December 2017
1. India has slipped six notches to 37th position among 60 major economies in the world in terms of its attractiveness to Chinese firms, while Singapore has topped the list compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit.
2. Portuguese star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo equaled the record of Lionel Messi to win the fifth Ballon d’Or award for the year’s best player.
3. India’s Kumbh Mela has been recognised by UNESCO as an “intangible cultural heritage of humanity”.
4. Legendary Hindi writer Mamta Kalia will be awarded with the prestigious Vyas Samman 2017 for her novel ‘Dukkham Sukkham’.
5. Arun Lakhani, Chairman and Managing Director of Vishvaraj Group has been awarded the ‘Most Promising Business Leader of Asia’ award 2017.
6. Nagpur’s Kanchanmala Pande became the first Indian to win a gold medal at the World Para Swimming Championship.
7. Minister of State (I/C) Youth Affairs and Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurated the first International Conference on Sports Medicine and Sports Sciences SAICON 2017 in New Delhi.
8. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Naval Maritime Aircraft Museum in Visakhapatnam, featuring the maritime patrol aircraft Tupolev-142M, which served the Navy for almost three decades.
9. Poker Sports League has roped in Indian chess maestro Viswanathan Anand as its brand ambassador.
10. According to global financial services Major Morgan Stanley, the Gross domestic product (GDP) growth of India likely to accelerate from 6.4 % this year to 7.5 % in 2018 and further to 7.7 % in 2019.