Current Affairs 11 December 2017
1. Sri Lanka formally handed over the strategic southern port of Hambantota to China on a 99- year lease.
2. Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) of O P Jindal Global University (JGU) has signed a MoU with Cornell Law School, New York, allowing the students of JGLS to pursue a dual degree programme.
3. German captain Mats Grambusch was chosen as the best player of the tournament in the Hockey World League Final.
4. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat dedicated the 1500 KW Dunav hydro power project in Pauri Garhwal district of the state. The hydro power project has been constructed on Nayar River in the remote Beerokhal block of Pauri Garhwal district.
5. Aditi Ashok finished at a tied-5th place at the Omega Dubai Ladies Classic in Dubai.
6. A Radio Frequency Identification tag to track children under 14 years of age during the ongoing Mandalam-Makaravilakku festival season at Lord Ayyappa hill shrine was launched by Kerala police and Vodafone.
7. Former Intelligence Bureau (IB) Director, Dinesh Chandra Nath passed away.
8. Delhi will host a two-day ASEAN-India Connectivity Summit on December 11 and 12.