Current Affairs 14 December
1. Rohit Sharma became the first batsman to score three double tons in One Day Internationals. He also became the first captain to score a double ton in the history of cricket.
2. Harry Potter author JK Rowling has been named a ‘Companion of Honor’ by the UK royals. She has been awarded the honor for her services to literature and philanthropy.
3. Telangana Government has launched a mobile application ‘Urban Genie’ which will enable citizens in urban areas across the state to find certified technicians and workers.
4. India will host the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) at Mumbai in June 2018.
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has lowered India’s GDP forecast for the current fiscal by 0.3 per cent to 6.7 per cent.
6. Senior Congressman and ex-speaker of Delhi Assembly Chaudhary Prem Singh passed away. He was 85.
7. All India Council of Human Rights Liberties and Social Justice (AHILS) has awarded Swami Chidanand Saraswati, the President of Rishikesh based Parmarth Niketan, with the ‘Global Peace Award’. He has been honoured for spreading the message of peace in the world.
8. Rangpur Riders defeated Dhaka Dynamites by 57 runs to win the maiden Bangladesh Premier League 2017 title.
9. China-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has approved a USD 335 million loan for an electric metro project in Bangalore.
10. World’s no. 1 player Magnus Carlsen defeated Armenia’s Levon Aronian to win the ‘Grand Chess Tour’ for the second time.
11. Fino Payments Bank has signed up Rajasthan government’s Rajcomp as its corporate business correspondent to give banking services to people in the state. Under the agreement, all the 55,000 e-Mitra points of Rajcomp across the state will act as banking points of Fino Payments Bank.