Current Affairs 16 December
1. Rashesh Shah took over as the new president of the country’s top industry body, Ficci for the year 2017-18. He has replaced Pankaj R. Patel.
2. The eighth edition of ‘EKUVERIN’, the Indo-Maldives joint military exercise started in Belagavi, Karnataka. This bilateral annual military exercise will last for 14 days.
3. International Hockey Federation (FIH) chief Narinder Batra has been elected as the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
4. Switzerland’s tennis player, Roger Federer has won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award for the fourth time.
5. Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the World Conference on Vedas, “Vishwa Ved Sammelan” in New Delhi.
6. The 4th India-Australia-Japan Trilateral Dialogue was hosted by India in New Delhi.
7. Former basketball player Michael Jordan has been named as the highest paid athlete of all time by Forbes magazine.
8. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed Rs 3 crore penalty on IndusInd Bank for violation of income classification norms.
9. FundsIndia.com has partnered with YES Bank to launch Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on their Android app for Mutual Fund payments.