Current Affairs 18 December
1. Sri Lanka opener Upul Tharanga joined India batsmen Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma in scoring 1,000 runs in One-day Internationals this year during the course of his 95 in the third and final ODI.
2. Senior IAS officer Smita Nagaraj took over as member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
3. Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan laid the foundation stones for new LNG pipelines in Sukinda area of Odisha’s Jajpur district, marking a giant leap in the spread of Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga in the state.
4. A quadripartite agreement has been signed to promote and enhance skill development activities related to Urja Ganga Gas Pipeline Project. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), GAIL, Skill Development Institute (SDI) and LabourNet.
5. Haryana’s Manjeet and Jyoti of Uttar Pradesh have won the Ghaziabad Run-to-Breath Half Marathon in the men’s and women’s category respectively.
6. Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated eastern India’s first Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) stations for scooters.
7. Anjum Moudgil continued her impressive run at the 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions, winning the individual and team gold medals in the women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions event.
8. Aryan Goveas of Mumbai and Arjun Kadhe of Pune bagged their second successive ITF doubles title in the Egypt Futures tennis tournament.