Current Affairs 20 December
1. According to a study by JLL, Delhi is the world’s seventh most expensive location for premium office rents. Hong Kong has topped this list.
2. Actor Sonu Sood has been awarded with the Punjab Ratan award for his contribution to the welfare of people of Punjab, specially his hometown, Moga.
3. According to the International Migration Report 2017, India has topped the list of people living abroad with 17 million Indians residing in different countries.
4. Veteran CPI leader and former Rajya Sabha MP Jalaluddin Ansari passed away. He was 75.
5. The skill development ministry and Maruti Suzuki signed an agreement to impart training to youth and enhance their employment potential.
6. Iraq has overtaken Saudi Arabia for the first time to become India’s top crude oil supplier in the current fiscal.
7. Joda East Iron Mine of Tata Steel has been honoured with the prestigious Golden Peacock Innovation Management Award for the year 2017 for driving innovation in mines.
8. Pradeep Kumar Gupta has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali.
9. Bharti Airtel has entered into a definitive agreement with Millicom International Cellular under which Airtel Rwanda Limited will acquire 100% equity interest in Tigo Rwanda Limited.
10. Ola has acquired food delivery start-up Food panda India Pvt. Ltd from its German parent Delivery Hero Group.