Current Affairs 21 December
1. India has signed a Financing Agreement with the World Bank for US$ 125 Million for Skills Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement Operation (Strive) Project.
2. Mukesh Ambani has been placed 6th in Forbes list of billionaires in 2017. Jeff Bezos has topped this list.
3. Banking services provider AU Small Finance Bank signed a memorandum of understanding with Sahaj e-Village for extending its banking services in remote areas through the business correspondent model.
4. Biocon’s Kiran Mazumdar Shaw and Yes Bank’s Rana Kapoor have been named the most respected entrepreneurs of the year 2017.
5. The Konkan Railway has signed a MoU with the Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-B) to make its George Fernandes Institute of Tunnel Technology in Goa a world-class centre of knowledge in tunnel and underground structure technologies.
6. YES Bank and the European Investment Bank will co-finance $400-million funding for renewable power generation in the country.
7. Aryaman Tandon and Akarshi Kashyap won the titles in the U-19 boys’ and girls’ singles competition respectively in the 42nd Junior National Badminton Championships.
8. India and Myanmar signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the development of Myanmar’s Rakhine state.
9. As on 6.12.2017, total 30.71 crore accounts have been opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY).
10. Niti Aayog has planned to set up a Methanol Economy Fund worth Rs 5,000 crore to promote production and use of the clean fuel.