Current Affairs 22 December
1. According to Duff & Phelps report, Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has pipped the Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan to be ranked the No.1 celebrity brand in India. Kohli has topped the list with a brand value of $144 million.
2. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu presented the prestigious Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards to 26 journalists.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved a project to set up India’s National Rail and Transport University (NRTU) in Vadodara in Gujarat.
4. India’s international Shooter Ravi Kumar became the new national champion in the men’s 10m Air Rifle at the 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions (61st NSCC).
5. The United Kingdom has topped Forbes’ rankings of best countries in the world for business in 2018 for the first time.
6. Rohit Sharma became the seventh cricketer and third Indian to win 50 T20 matches as a captain.
7. The Reserve Bank of India has initiated additional actions under Prompt Corrective Action framework for United Bank of India.
8. The Union Cabinet has approved a MoU between India and Italy on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine.