Current Affairs 23 December
1. The Union Cabinet has approved a MoU between India and Cuba on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine.
2. The Ministry of External Affairs has launched a new program SAMEEP (Students and MEA Engagement Program), to make the student understand India’s place in the world and its global ambitions, and also to look at diplomacy as a career option.
3. Indian Army’s Southern Command has conducted an exercise called ‘Hamesha Vijayee’ in Rajasthan.
4. Eastern Railway has launched a mobile application named “R- Mitra” (Railway Mobile Instant Tracking Response and Assistance) for security of passengers especially women, in Kolkata and suburban areas of Eastern Railway zone.
5. Justice Umesh Dattatraya Salvi took charge as the acting Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT), following the retirement of Justice Swatanter Kumar.
6. India captain Mithali Raj was named in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year while left-arm spinner Ekta Bisht was the lone cricketer to find a place in the both the ODI and T20 Teams of the year announced by the world body.
7. Lionel Messi, the star forward of Barcelona, has received La Liga’s top scorer and best player awards for the 2016-2017 football season.
8. Board of Directors of the leading telecom company, Bharti Airtel approved the takeover of consumer mobile business of Tata Teleservices.