Current Affairs 28 November 2017
1. Ishaan Khatter won the Best Actor Award for his debut film ‘Beyond the Clouds’ at Istanbul’s 5th International Bosphorus Film Festival. The Majid Majidi directorial also won the Best Editing Award at the event. Set in the slums of Mumbai, ‘Beyond the Clouds’ also stars Malavika Mohanan and is said to revolve around a brother-sister relationship.
2. The Indian men’s kabaddi team defeated Pakistan 36-22, while the women’s team beat South Korea 42-20, in the finals of the Asian Kabaddi Championship 2017 in Iran to win the gold medals.
3. The Minister of Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched an intensive training program for Elected Women Representatives (EWRs) of Panchayati Raj Institutions and Master Trainers, in New Delhi . The training program will include simple engineering skills will give them an insight into women’s issues as well as focus on education and financial matters
4. Indian table tennis player G. Sathiyan clinched the gold medal after defeating Japan’s Kazuhiro Yoshimura 4-2 (11-7, 3-11, 11-6, 6-11, 13-11, 11-7) in the men’s singles final of the 2017 ITTF Challenge Spanish Open
5. South Africa’s Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters has been crowned Miss Universe 2017, becoming the second woman from South Africa to win the title. Laura González from Colombia was named the first runner-up while Miss Jamaica Davina Bennett stood third at the pageant which was held in Las Vegas, USA. India was represented by 21-year-old Shraddha Shashidhar
6. India has won 10 Medals in the BWF Para-Badminton World Championships held in Ulsan, South Korea
7. Bajrang Punia and Vinod Kumar have won the silver medal at Under-23 World Wrestling Championship.
8. India and Greece has signed Air Services Agreement and MOU on Cooperation in the field of New and Renewable Energy.