Current Affairs 29 December
1. India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed Advanced Air Defence (AAD) supersonic interceptor missile, capable of destroying any incoming ballistic missile in low altitude, from a test range in Odisha.
2. Senior IPS officer Gurbachan Singh has been appointed as the Director General (Investigation) in National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
3. Senior IPS officer Abhay has been appointed as the Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
4. Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched the ‘Udyami Mitra’ Portal (www.udyamimitra.in) to improve the accessibility of credit and handholding services to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
5. Experienced Haryana shooter Anisa Sayyed won the women’s 25m pistol gold with a new record at the 61st National Shooting Championship.
6. Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh has launched Livestock Disease Forewarning –Mobile Application (LDF-Mobile App) in New Delhi.
7. Sanjeev Chaturvedi took over as the Director of National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (ni-msme).
8. Singer K S Chitra has been selected for 2017 ‘Harivarasanam’ award, awarded by the Kerala government. She has been honored for her contribution to spread the spirit of secularism, equanimity and universal brotherhood.
9. President Ram Nath Kovind dedicated four projects of the Andhra Pradesh Government – Andhra Pradesh Fibregrid, Andhra Pradesh Surveillance Project, Drone Project; and Free Space Optical Communication or FSOC system to the people.
10. The second India-Afghanistan air cargo route linking Kabul to Mumbai has been officially inaugurated at Hamid Karzai international airport in Kabul.