Current Affairs 29 November 2017
1. Pankaj Advani has won 18th International Title Of 15- frame IBSF World Snooker Championship in Doha by defeating Amir Sarkhosh of Iran.
2. Shaktikanta Das, Former Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs was appointed India’s G 20 Sherpa for the Development Track of the Summit until December 31, 2018.
3.The pavilion of Ministry of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation bagged gold medal in the in the Ministries/ Departments category for excellence in display in the just concluded India International Trade Fair- 2017, New Delhi.
4. Indian shuttlers Srikanth Kidambi and PV Sindhu were honoured with sportsman and sportswoman of the year in Indian Sports Honours 2017 held in Mumbai.
5. Former Expenditure and Revenue Secretary NK Singh appointed as chairperson of the Fifteenth Finance Commission. His tenure will be until October 30, 2019.
6. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 30-km-long first phase of Hyderabad Metro Rail. Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao and Governor ESL Narasimhan accompanied PM Modi for the inaugural run of the metro.
7. Upendra Prasad Singh Director General, National Mission for Clean Ganga, has been appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation. He will succeed Dr. Amarjit Singh, IAS who will superannuate on November 30, 2017.
8. Pradeep Singh Kharola has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India.