Current Affairs 30 December
1. Portugal’s star football player Cristiano Ronaldo has been named Globe Soccer’s Best Player for the second year in a row and the fourth time overall in his career.
2. Cholamandalam MS General Insurance has bagged the Golden Peacock award for risk management for the year 2017. Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company is a joint venture between Murugappa Group and Japan-headquartered Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance.
3. The World Bank will give a loan of USD 40 million (about Rs 260 crore) for the development of tourism facilities in Uttar Pradesh.
4. The Lok Sabha has passed the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017 which makes the practice of instant triple talaq illegal.
5. Viswanathan Anand defeated Russia’s Vladimir Fedoseev to win the World Rapid Chess Championship title Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
6. Former Footballer George Weah has been elected as Liberia’s president.
7. China successfully tests its first photovoltaic highway in the country’s eastern Shandong province.
8. According to a report by CARE Ratings, India has been ranked fifth on the list of countries with highest Non-Performing Assets (NPAs). Greece has been ranked first in this list.
9. The 105th Indian Science Congress will be held at Manipur University in Imphal, Manipur in March 2018.
10. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated a modern incubation Centre, the Centre for Entrepreneurship Opportunities and Learning (CEOL) in Mangaluru.