Current Affairs 30 November 2017
1.The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed senior bureaucrat Badri Narain Sharma as the first Chairman of National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) under Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime. The government has set up this authority to stop profiteering under the provisions of GST law.
2. Union Finance Minister inaugurated a new Payments Bank “Paytm Payments Bank” in New Delhi. Paytm Payment Bank becomes India’s first bank with zero charges on all online transactions and no minimum balance requirement.
3. Robin Campillo’s French film ‘120 Beats Per Minute’, won the Golden Peacock Award for best film at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI). The film’s actor Nahuel Perez Biscayart won the Silver Peacock in the Best Actor (male) category.
4. Snehlata Shrivastava has been appointed as the Secretary General of the Lok Sabha. She is the first woman to be elected for the post and will assume charge from December 1. Her tenure will end on 30 November, 2018.
5. The Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (SAUBHAGYA) was launched in Manipur, by Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R.K. Singh and Shri N. Biren Singh, Chief Minister of Manipur. A total of approximately 1.75 lakh households (1.62 lakh rural households and 0.13 lakh urban households) of Manipur are proposed to be included under the Scheme.
6. Senior IAS officer Ajay Kumar was appointed as the new Secretary, Defence Production, in the Defence Ministry. He has been appointed to the post with effect from December 1.
7. Senior Communist Party of India (CPI) leader and former Kerala Minister E. Chandrasekharan Nair passed away. He was 88.
8. Legendary Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee would be handed over France’s highest civilian award “Legion of Honour” during the 42nd edition of the International Kolkata Book Fair in January next year.
9. Karnataka Bank Ltd has partnered with the Boston Consulting Group (India) Pvt Ltd for its transformation initiatives. The transformation project — ‘KBL Vikaas’ — was launched in Mangaluru .